Friday, May 22, 2009

Well today's friday, which means a whole weekend to lie down, watch movies and read books. That's something you don't know about me, I'm a bookworm and proud of it! It's basically one of my only talents; I can read fast. Give me 2 days and I'll be done reading 500 pages(or in the case of Harry Potter 5, it took me 3 days). One thing I don't understand though, it's how some people manage to write 3 or 4 books in a year!! I'm not talking kids books, but adult or teenage fiction - 300/400 pages!  One particular author comes to mind...Meg Cabot. That woman is a machine. Seriously, she can't be human.

I read many of her books, including Princess Diaries 1-7, The Mediator Series, Avalon High, All-American Girl, Ready or Not, and many more! I just don't understand how she can write a few books a year, AND they're all different stories! With different characters, plots, how is it possible to build so many stories at the same time? Books, short fiction, essays, mangas and 2 online diaries make her one hell of an author! I only have respect for her, she is amazing. 
Teen Books: 40
Kids: 4
Adult Fiction: 12
Books under the name Patricia Cabot: 8
Comic Books: 2
Short Fiction/Essays: Who knows!

One of my goals before I die is to write a book, and publish it. Doesn't matter if I don't sell more than 5 copies, I just want the satisfaction and to be able to say: I wrote a book. To all the authors out there, congratulations, writing is an art and I admire you.

Here's a list of my favourite books up 'till now:
-The Other Boleyn Girl ~  Philippa Gregory
-Harry Potter 1-7(Duh!) ~  J.K. Rowling
-Bridget Jones's Diary 1-2 ~ Helen Fielding
- Artemis Fowl 1-6 ~ Eoin Colfer
- The Host ~ Stephenie Meyer
- Mediator Series ~ Meg Cabot
-Princess Diariesy ~ Meg Cabot
-Avalon High ~ Meg Cabot
-The Supernaturalist ~ Eoin Colfer
- Diary of a Mad Mother-to-be ~ Laura Wolf
- Miss Invisible ~ Laura Jensen Walker
-The Solomon Sisters wise up ~ Melissa Senate
-The Funeral Planner ~ Lynn Isenberg

Well that's it for now! I'm sure I forgot to mention a few books, oh well!

Lily Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment